Wednesday, November 21, 2007

About Me

What do you do for the first post on your first blog.

After having given this some thought, I have concluded the best thing to say is welcome to my place on the web.

By way of introduction, my name is Rob Weeks. My vocation is Database Administrator for IBM (where I have worked for the last 23 years). I was born and raised in Rumford Maine (a mill town on the banks of the Androscoggin river approximately 35 miles east of the New Hampshire border) My current residence where I have lived is Sheldon Vermont (a small town roughly 10 miles south of the Quebec border and 10 miles east of Lake Champlaign). Prior to here I have lived in Fairfax, Vermont (10 years), Beacon New York (6-7 years), and Wappingers Falls New York (3-4 years) all the time having been employed by IBM. Prior to my employement at IBM I lived in Lewiston Maine where I held assorted factory jobs.

My education history is professional student. I went to Eastman School of Music in 1973 under the delusion of becoming a concert pianist. When it became apparant that was not going to work out I switched my major to music theory and graduated with a Master of Music in music theory from Indiana University in 1979 and got married. When it became apparant that I had no passion for music theory and that my prospects for employment were bleak, I went back to University of Maine and received a Bachelor degree in Music Theory.

Oh about my family..

My wife Sharon believe it or not is from Mexico. She is most definitely the most remarkable woman in the world to have put up with me for 29 years. My three children are: Matthew 24 army veteran, Stephen 21 Northeastern student, and Deborah 18, University of Vermont student. Oh and we have two dogs (who are definitely nuisances) and one cat.

But what I really would like to share in this blog are my passions. These would be (1) My Christian faith, (2) Classical Music and Amateur Piano topics (3) Passionate Boston Red Sox fan (4) Prostate Cancer surgery survivor.

One more thing. My wife is really from Mexico......Maine (across the river from Rumford). It is a little known fact that the country of Mexico was actually founded and named after explorers from Maine (as were the countries of Peru, Norway, Denmark, China, Sweden and the cities of Paris, Canton, and Lisbon to name a few..a little known fact about the contribution of Maine to this planet).

No comments: