Friday, March 7, 2008

My Heros

There are a couple of forums that I follow. One baseball (for the Red Sox), a couple Christian, and one a support forum for prostate cancer survivors.

On the prostate cancer forum, I have been priviliged to meet two guys that I consider my heros. They both have web sites at Caring Bridge.

The first is Tony Crispino. Tony (or TC-LasVegas) joined the forum a little after me and had post-op statistics a little more serious than myself (one higher gleason grade..somewhat more advanced out of the prostate (stage T-3B) than mine. He has had radiation therapy and is undergoing hormone therapy. His psa now is undetectable, and I pray that it stays this way.

He is such an encouragement to everyone on the forum. Always, always positive. He has recently taken over a volunteer moderator position on the forum. His mother has just passed away from cancer. She is in a better place. Pray for comfort for Tony.

The second is Walter Whited. Walter (or War-Eagle) has more advanced prostate cancer. He has been the hormone therapy route and now I think is (or will be starting) chemo.

Walter is also such an encouragement to everyone on the forum. Never complaining about himself, his concern is for the others there.

Both Walter and Tony are definite Christians. Tony is Catholic. I am not sure what Walter is (maybe Baptist but I dunno). It don't matter. Funny thing when a bunch of guys are all fighting a serious disease, we could give two hoots about the name on the outside of the church door.

There are other guys on Healing Well that are also my heros, but just want a special tribute to these two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are all brothers in this fight. Without each other and the grace of Jesus Christ, I do not know how we would be able to handle it. I have been reading alot lately about what it means to be a true Christian and it all comes down to one thing, Love. Well, we must all spread the love. Oh, I'm a Methodist. Our Churches motto is we are Clearly Different. We open our doors to everyone and always look outward. We strive to Bring, Grow, and Send. Pretty cool place to worship.
Love ya brother,
Walt (aka War Eagle)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob,
Sorry I've been away recently. Your comments are a true lift for my spirit. That would be the spirit I give to Jesus Christ. Your Faith is most important and will help you more than anything else in your fight against cancer. Catholic, Methodist, baptist, et al, are children of the Christ. Not competitors and not foes. As you can see, I have returned to the support site at HealingWell. I have a new guardian angel in my mom. With it comes a strength to carry on. Thanks be to God. And with your very kind words, I thank you too.
God Bless you and stay well. (expecting stay positive huh?, well that too.)

Tony