Friday, February 22, 2008

Woohoo: YouTube works on my new computer

Every three years or so, I get a new laptop from work.

My current laptop couldn't have come soon enough. There were severe memory problems. When I had too much stuff running on it, programs would just abnormally terminate on memory. Now this is probably mostly my fault because I am lazy and leave stuff open instead of closing it. But still.

Also some stuff just did not work on my old computer. Amongst them was the ability to play videos on YouTube.

You see I am cheap. I just don't see whereas I should pay good money to buy classical music when I can find it for free. One secret that I have found is that I can find good classical music on YouTube.

One thing that I have found was videos from last years Van Cliburn amateur competition (I competed in it on 2004). They can be found here. Check out the entries by the winner Drew Mays. They are wonderful.

Also check out the videos from the Boston Amateur piano competetion here (where I competed last year). The ones by Christopher Sith (the winner) and Rupert Egerton-Smith (the runner up) are excellent.

I would like to put videos of my playing on YouTube some time. Maybe use the piano at the Methodist church or the St. Albans school.

No comments: